Get 30% off ITprotv.com with: You can use promo code: OSCAROGANDO2
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CCNADailyTIPS
Cisco IOS FlexVPN is a unified VPN solution and provides the following benefits:
● Transport network: FlexVPN can be deployed either over a public internet or a private Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN network.
● Deployment style: Designed for the concentration of both site-to-site and remote access VPNs, one single FlexVPN deployment can accept both types of connection requests at the same time.
● Failover redundancy: Three different kinds of redundancy model can be implemented with FlexVPN:
◦ Dynamic routing protocols (such as Open Shortest Path First [OSPF], Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol [EIGRP], Border Gateway Protocol [BGP]) over FlexVPN tunnels. Path/head-end selection is based on dynamic routing metrics.
◦ IKEv2-based dynamic route distribution and server clustering.
◦ IPsec/IKEv2 active/standby stateful failover between two chassis (available in the future).
● Third-party compatibility: As the IT world transitions to cloud- and mobile-based computing, more and more VPN routers and VPN endpoints from different vendors are required. The Cisco IOS FlexVPN solution provides compatibility with any IKEv2-based third-party VPN vendors, including native VPN clients from Apple iOS and Android devices.
● IP Multicast support: FlexVPN natively supports IP Multicast in two ways:
◦ FlexVPN hub router replicates IP Multicast packets for each spoke.
◦ If the transport network supports native IP Multicast, the FlexVPN hub router can choose to have the transport network do multicast packet replication after IPsec encryption (available in the future).